AGENDAS – BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETINGS 2022
Public Participation Guidelines FOR BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETINGS
A RESOLUTION OF THE BOROUGH OF DARBY ADOPTING RULES FOR PUBLIC COMMENT AT PUBLIC MEETINGS & DECORUM AT BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETINGS
- Speakers who wish to address the Borough Council during the Borough Council Meeting shall sign in on a form provided by the Borough no later than 7:30 p.m.
- Each speaker must state their name and address before providing public comment.
- Each speaker shall be limited to three (3) minutes of public comment. The time allotted to each speaker is not transferrable.
- Speakers addressing the Borough Council and members of the audience shall conduct themselves in an orderly manner and remain respectful of others. Loud, profane, belligerent, abusive and slanderous remarks will not be tolerated.
- In order to facilitate the administration of the Borough’s business, the public comment period shall occur at the beginning of the meeting and shall not exceed thirty (30) minutes.
- If, in the judgment of the Borough Council, the period of public comment has become unruly, or the comments repetitive, Borough Council may move to close public comment or defer all or portions of public comment to a subsequent regular meeting or an advertised meeting held in advance of the next regular meeting.
- Borough officials and members of the public are expected to conduct themselves with civility and to accord each other a measure of dignity and respect. Shouting, personal insults, and attacks or any conduct that disrupts the flow of business is considered to be out of order. At the discretion of the Council President, disruptive individuals will be warned to either cease disruptive behavior and maintain civility and decorum or be removed from the Council chambers.
DULY ADOPTED THIS 16TH DAY OF MAY, 2018 BY THE BOROUGH OF DARBY IN LAWFUL SESSION DULY ASSEMBLED.