Welcome to Darby Borough!!
March 13, 2020
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Due to concerns with the coronavirus, Council, Mayor and Emergency Management have made the decision to close the Darby Borough Muncipal Complex to all non-essential events and visitors effective IMMEDIATELY and until at least 4/6/2020. This includes all group events that utilize the gymnasium, community room, and Borough Hall and Police Department. All groups affected by this decision will be notified directly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but the health and safety of our residents comes first. The Police Department will continue to work while the offices are closed to non-essential visitors. Thank you.
BOROUGH OF DARBY PUBLIC COMMITTEE MEETING SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 2020 AT 6:30 P.M. HAS BEEN CANCELED!
BOROUGH OF DARBY ZONING HEARING BOARD MEETING SCHEDULED FOR TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2020 AT 7:00 P.M. HAS BEEN POSTPONED!
WILL BE UPDATED AS NEEDED
CONTINUITY OF OPERATIONS PLAN
BOROUGH BUILDING TO BE CLOSED TO VISITORS UNTIL FURTHER ACTION IS TAKEN BY THE BOROUGH COUNCIL TO DECLARE THE END OF THE DISASTER EMERGENCY.
THE BOROUGH WILL PROVIDE SERVICES AS BEST WE CAN BUT PLEASE ONLY CONTACT US IF ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED.
Residents can contact the Borough via email at email@example.com or call the Borough at 610-586-1102 and we will do our best to respond within 24 hours.
For Police/Fire/EMS Emergencies call 911.
For questions regarding the COVID-19 Coronavirus call the Pennsylvania Health Department at 1-877-PAHEALTH or 1-877-724-3258, https://www.health.pa.gov/Pages/AlertDetails.aspx .
- Current Permits received and not approved may be delayed for processing.
- No new permits will be processed during this time of Disaster Emergency.
- Rental permits received for events in March will be revoked. All applicants will be notified.
- Only emergency inspections will be made during the Disaster Emergency.
- Contact the Borough’s Department of Code Enforcement at 610-586-0428 and leave a message or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org . The Department will return your call or email as promptly as possible.
- Plans will not be accepted until the office re-opens.
- Current Applications will be delayed, and applicants will be notified, and extensions of time will be requested if necessary.
RIGHT-TO-KNOW LAW REQUESTS
- All requests received and or made pursuant to the Right-to-Know Law will be delayed until further action is taken by the Borough Council to declare the end of the Disaster Emergency.
BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETINGS
- Please contact the Borough’s website for future dates and times
- Borough Municipal Complex will be closed to the public until further action is taken by the Borough Council to declare the end of the Disaster Emergency.
- Borough Parks and trails will be closed until further notice because of the Governor’s request for social distancing and self-isolation.